Book Your Training Now
A fundamental aspect of building inclusive working environments is ensuring that everybody has the knowledge and awareness they need to foster a supportive, inclusive culture. Different approaches to learning and development can be required depending on level and seniority. At the Irish Centre for Diversity, we design and deliver/facilitate a range of different types of training. From once of sessions and workshops to specialised longer-term training courses, we work collaboratively with organisations to ensure that what we deliver is exactly what is needed.
Our approach is guided by the collective experience of our 17 strong team, who have worked with hundreds of organisations covering a wide range of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) related topics. In addition to our training courses outlined below we can also build a bespoke package to address your organisation’s unique needs.
Introduction to Diversity and Inclusion
1. An understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion within an organizational context
2. An understanding of the legislative framework and its application
3. An understanding of the different types of discrimination
Inclusive leaders get the best out of all their people, helping their organisations to succeed in today’s complex, diverse national and global environment. Through their skills in adaptability, building relationships and developing talent, inclusive leaders can increase performance and innovation. This course provides participants with an understanding of how to become a more inclusive leader, engage and support your teams to reach their potential.
1. Reflection of own leadership skills.
2. Characteristics of Inclusive leaders and how to adapt and enhance current management practice.
3. Understanding how unconscious bias might be impacting culture and organisational processes.
4. Understanding the importance of positive role modelling and getting the best out of teams so they reach their potential
Diversity and Inclusion Masterclass
This training course has been designed to provide an overview of diversity and inclusion so you will be able to identify how this relates to your role and to the workplace.
1. What is the definition of diversity and inclusion and why does it matter?
2. Who does the legislation cover?
3. Tips for recognising and preventing bullying and harassment
4. Steps to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace
We all have unconscious bias and it affects our thinking and decisions in relation to others who we will see in either a positive or negative way.
1. What is unconscious bias?
2. What biases do you have?
3. Are you making the right choices? What is the impact of unconscious bias in your decision making?
4. Tips for managing unconscious bias so that you can make better decisions and improve the diversity credentials of your workplace unconscious bias needs to be addressed so that we are making the right choices in relation to hiring, promoting and performance management. This training session will support you to do this.
Mental Health in the Workplace
This training course will assist you to recognise and better understand mental health issues so that you can help and support colleagues and encourage positive mental health in the workplace.
1. What is mental health and what does the law cover?
2. Types of mental health issues
3. What workplace adjustments might be needed for someone with a mental health issue?
4. Let’s talk about it – supporting mental health in the workplace
Safeguarding in the Workplace
This training course will assist you to recognise safeguarding issues to enable you to protect colleagues, customers and other stakeholders from harm, or potential harm.
1. What safeguarding is and how legislation protects people in the workplace.
2. Types of safeguarding concerns, and the sign and symptoms to look out for.
3. How, why and when safeguarding interlinks with equality, diversity and inclusion.
4. Action that can be taken to protect and support someone with a safeguarding issue.
Many organisations do not have diverse teams in place and do not assess how they could improve their recruitment processes. This course will provide participants with guidance and tools to enhance recruitment processes in addition to understanding how bias can impact on recruitment decisions.
1. Good practice regarding Diversity and Inclusion in recruitment.
2. Tools and guidance to enhance inclusive recruitment practice and strategies.
3. The impact of unconscious and conscious bias within the recruitment process and steps to overcome bias in the workplace.
4. Legislation regarding equality and recruitment.
LGBT+ Awareness / LGBT+ Inclusion in the Workplace
This course provides participants with an understanding of LGBT+ communities in the workplace. There is still stigma and discrimination for those who identify as LGBT+ in society and in the workplace.
1. What does LGBT+ mean? Overview of sexual orientation and gender identity
2. Sexual orientation, gender identity and the law
3. Multi identities/intersectionality
4. Removing barriers for LGBT+ people/employees
This course is for all employees who would like to enhance their knowledge of race awareness and support colleagues to ensure there is inclusion for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people in the workplace.
1. Race and terminology /Race and the law
2. The impact of multi identities/ intersectionality
3. Removing barriers for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people/ employees in the workplace
4. Managing and overcoming conscious and unconscious racial bias
Disability in the Workplace
This training course has been designed to provide you with the tools to support a customer or colleague who is covered as a disabled person under legislation.
1. What is the definition of a disabled person in law – what do you look for?
2. Disability etiquette – are you getting it right?
3. When do you have to make reasonable accommodation and what is “reasonable”?
4. Top tips for supporting disabled customers and colleagues
Gender Equality / Gender Matters
For gender equality in the workplace to be achieved, both women and men need to be able to enjoy the exact same, opportunities, rewards and resources, regardless of their gender.
1. Gender stereotypes in society and the workplace
2. Addressing Gender equality within the workplace
3. Gender equality and the law
4. Removing barriers and developing an inclusive workplace
Book Your Training
To find out more about any of these training courses and how they would benefit your organisation please contact one of our team today.